Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Arctic Monkeys Concert 5/24

last night was the arctic monkeys concert @ rumsey playfield..

 I stumbled upon these guys a few years back.. i saw the name "arctic monkeys" and i thought it was amusing so you know.. gotta look them up ( i know..)! I was hooked instantly. Their sound was unfamiliar to me, and because of that i needed to keep listening. I was caught up in their tongue tying lyrics and catchy guitar riffs and still am. Each song from their debut album Whatever You Say I Am, That's What I Am Not to  the three songs that have been released from their new album Suck It And See ( highly anticipated for me!) has been just flawless.


  Last night was such an experience. I don't think there is any word that comes close to describing the time i had.  The venue; Rumsey Playfield in Central park was amazing. What could be better than seeing one of your favorite bands smack dab in the middle of such an incredible city?

Aside from the riled up, sweaty, and drunk guys and the occasional girl bulldozing into you, you would gaze up at the stage in bewilderment. These guys were great, the feeling was unreal - An energy just engulfed the crowd

As Fluorescent Adolescent began the crowd gave their all for they knew the end of such a electrifying  night would be coming to a close in minutes

 Turner humbly said his goodbye to the crowd and New York City...






No comments:

Post a Comment